A recent study raised alarm bells in the media by suggesting that fizzy water, even the kinds without added sugar, may make us hungrier, leading to weight gain.
5 Tips for making healthier food choices
- Don’t eat past 7 p.m. It’s better for your digestion and metabolism. If you start feeling hungry later, have a healthy snack such as nuts or fruit.
- Low-carb your burger. Get rid of the bottom bun and eat the burger open-faced. “That one little change slashes the amount of empty carbs.”
- Keep nuts in your glove compartment. Stuck in traffic and feeling hungry? High-protein nuts will keep you from stopping for junk food.
- Do the avocado mash. Spread it instead of mayo on whole wheat bread for healthy fat, fiber and vitamins.
- Mix the noodles in your chicken soup. Add quinoa or barley to boost protein and fiber. Serve with chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, a squirt of lime juice and a little hot pepper.
Top Search Terms for diet Weight Management
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- DHEA Supplements
- How to Lose Belly Fat
- Iron-Rich Foods
- Military Diet
- Atkins Diet
- Alkaline Diet
- High-Protein Diet
- Paleo Diet
- Chia Seeds